Sunday, September 4, 2011

temporarily.

Being home is the best feeling in the world.

Knowing the smells, the streets, familiar faces and where to hang out downtown creates a feeling that is untangible.

What's even cooler (I hate that word but will use it anyway) is when you find out that the new place you've called "home" or a "temporary home" actually feels like the same place you left. Different of course in every sense, but you know what to do, where to go and who you have.

I had to recreate this feeling when I moved from California to Kelowna, and now from Kelowna to Toronto. Honestly, after each move, it was so difficult to even comprehend that anywhere else could feel more like home than the last place. But after nearly four years in Toronto, this city has become as comfortable and reliable as my brown leather jacket. It fits perfectly and will never go out of style.

I'm beyond excited to start life in the city again, but have left a piece of my heart in BC. A piece of it will always be in California - maybe that's truly home.

I think that I'm going to rewrite my personal views of "home". Like my mother always said, "bloom where you are planted." You may get repotted somewhere else temporarily, but if you put down roots and branch out where you are, things are really grow.

Happy long weekend to you all and enjoy the last touch of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment