Monday, September 19, 2011

names.


I really try to live my life without hate. Hate takes time and energy out of what you really should be doing in the present, and personally, causes me to worry. Most of the time, it's about something stupid that I can fix easily.

However, I really hate Mondays.

There's something so lovely about Sunday that you lose when the alarm goes off in those early hours after the day is done. Monday never works for me, as I feel like I'm jarring or throwing myself into situations too quickly. This is where I get overwhelmed.

Tonight I decided to throw away all my emotions and head to yoga class. As fate would have it, one of my favourite teachers was leading the class. Having been away from my studio for four months, my teacher put her arms around me and said, "It is so wonderful to have you back Portia."

Being a camp counsellor, I hear hundreds of names each summer, but must admit that I have forgotten most of them...and it's only been a few weeks. I had no idea that everyone would still remember my name, my quirks in my practice and favourite posture (dancer, duh) so clearly after not seeing me for months.

To know that a little thing,
like a teacher remembering your name
can turn your mood around.
This changed my Monday.

Now to find this when I'm in the edit suites during school, that's the next challenge.

Here's the chant we do in Anasura yoga and the translation. It's beautiful and reminds me to look back inside and to the simpler things when the going gets rough.

ॐ Om
Namah Shivaya Gurave
Saccidananda Murtaye
Nisprapancaya Shantaya
Niralambaya Tejase
ॐ Om

"I offer myself to the Light, who is the True Teacher within and without,
Who assumes the forms of Reality, Consciousness and Bliss,
Who is never absent and is full of peace,
Independent in its existence, It is the vital essence of illumination"

Namaste.

PS - made is to 20,000 views! I'm over the moon and in love with you all. I will be having a little surprise coming soon, keep your eyes peeled.

No comments:

Post a Comment