Friday, September 9, 2011

picnic.


I'm in love with that early September heat that holds onto the summer, but cools off in the evening to promise fall.

With the first week of school coming to a close, it's interesting to be walking around those same hallways again after being gone for so long. There's still the stigma that we're not "ruling" the school yet - that's always been the job of the grad class before us. I catch myself calling myself a third-year student, and referring to my peers in their pervious years.

Is this not wanting to grow up, or growing up faster than I realized.

Today at the annual Parade and Picnic, I realized that the people now running the event were almost all fourth-year students who ran around and celebrated the same introduction to Ryerson only a few years ago.

My, how time flies.

Like the (now) warmer air, we're holding onto a little bit of the past summer and our lives as well. However, things inevitably change - fall is such a beautiful time of the year, and I think this will emerge into an equally good time of our lives.

I'm off to celebrate the end of the first week of school and flit around TO this weekend!

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment