Sunday, November 29, 2009

beginning.


There's a little house just off of the Danforth in Toronto. It's tall and skinny, and there's the same fence up that was built twenty years ago by a special man on a cold October afternoon. Around the corner is an elementary school, the shouts of children being heard blocks away.

I've written about this before, but it still does not ceed to fascinate me what my life could have been like here. I would have lived around the corner and gone to that school, grown up with a small backyard, and played in jungle of the city. Instead, I moved to California, then British Columbia (both which introduced me to the most amazing people and experiences growing up - first friends, first job, first love), and yet I'm really back where I started.

It's amazing to think had some fellow BCer's I met in Toronto might never come into the picture if (as many of us have discussed) we had taken scholarships to other universities/post-secondary institutions. Would we have met there? Would this have been the same kind of friendship?

Sometimes I wonder how different my life would have been. But right now, I'm letting the breeze blow me in any direction and see what happens. Things are good and happy - and I know that I can pack up my entire life into eight boxes, two suitcases and push along one chair and move anywhere in the world.

I'm so touched by the friends that I've met everywhere I've been and wish I could be home to spend Christmas with them this year. You know who you are and have such a special place in my heart. I'll be back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment