Thursday, May 21, 2009

revolutions.

I still don't care what people say, Marie Antoinette, directed by Sofia Coppola, is still one of my all time favourite movies. I'm obsessed with history, especially the time period of the French and English Revolutions, as well as the fashion used in the movie...
This might also be influenced by visits to Francis Ford Coppola's winery (Sofia's father) when I lived in California. AS a child, my family would go to the Napa Valley for the parentals to get their wine fix, and my brothers and I to visit friends with a beautiful pool at their house there. The biggest treat was when I bought Sofia Champagne, from Francis Ford Coppola's winery, which was a drink inspired for her, and came in mini gold cans with pink straws. I still have the empty can stored.
Perhaps also this French inspiration is because I also saw the movie Taken recently. It's a thriller, and really good. But it is also about a young woman and her friend being kidnapped in Paris - which is somewhat freaky as I'm dying to travel with my friends to the city. I would recommend it, and nevertheless, I still want to see the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre and Versailles. Someday. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment