Monday, May 18, 2009

pearl.

"Girl with a Pearl Earring"

Girl with a Pearl Earring I would think is one of my most favourite books of all time. Johannes Vermeer is also one of my most favourite painters. So when I was told read the book in my grade 10 history class, everything fell into place. I am on the hunt for a mounted poster or framed photo of "The Girl with a Pearl Earring", for it represents two of my beloved things, as well as the subject of history that I completely fell in love with after reading the book.

I unfortunately found out that my friend as a bad staph infection, in all places - her knee. I know that you might not know her, but please have her in your thoughts. I love her dearly, and hope that she will soon be better and out of the hospital. A little bit of my heart broke today when I saw how hard it was for her to get out of bed just to go brush her teeth. She has been dying to read Girl with a Pearl Earring, and has gone to the library to get it, but always it was checked out. That made my day to bring that book to her.

Does everything really happen for a reason? I think it did for me last year when I hurt my knee - I'm hoping that this will all work out okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment