Wednesday, May 18, 2016

showgirl.

There's no good way to put it - this week has made me feel extremely vulnerable.

A lot of hard work has come into a beautiful bloom. Since speaking out about six months ago that I wanted to be teaching more, not working a desk job as much, and creating my own show...it's all happened. And even better? Cool partnerships with artists and businesses that I value and really resonate with are also coming on board to make it even more vibrant.

I came out of the dance studio tonight and completely had a cry on the side of the street. In broad daylight no less!

I wasn't even sad. I wasn't happy. I wasn't upset.

I just felt like a little tank of water had filled up with a lot of emotions, and a few tears was the only way to let it overflow. Sometimes, I think that the same thing happens and I have fits of giggles.

As soon as it came, it passed. That release was exactly what I needed.

Lucky, I had one of my besties walk of the studio with me, put her arms around me and let me go through all those emotions. She supported me, let me have a moment, and didn't tell me how to feel. I'm eternally grateful for that - thank you M.

Tomorrow, I jet off to the City of Angels to dance for the weekend with a choreographer and 9 other dancers. I'm terrified, excited and ready to learn.

This week, we launched ticket sales from From Bond with Love this July at Fox Cabaret. It's happening! WHOA.

Next week, I head to Kelowna and Penticton to teach - what was supposed to be 2 classes turned into 10+ classes. DOUBLE WHOA.

Cheers friends. Let's do this. I'm ready.


No comments:

Post a Comment