Sunday, May 31, 2015

70s.

One of the coolest things about growing up is learning more about personal style.

Since I was a teenager, I loved experimenting with my look...I remember distinctly being in a Ross or Marshalls and finding some Converse-style kitten heels when I was in Grade 7 or 8. I have no idea how I convinced my mother to let me buy them, but they became my staple shoes for a good year.

Twelve years later, not much as changed.

Perhaps because it's summer, I just got back from Mexico or I'm just always enamoured with Bianca Jagger (and The Rolling Stones...duh) but I'm really digging and identifying with the 70's as my look.

This past Friday, our dance company was picked to perform at the Rickshaw Theatre with iconic artist Bif Naked. Needless to say, it was a all-black, crop top and combat boots kind of crowd.

I showed up in my white bell-bottomed jumpsuit with platform floral wedges. People stared. I didn't care.

On the beach last week, I was really feeling my one-piece halter pin-up bathing suit. Yes, my tan lines were crazy. I didn't care.

Lately I've been wearing my hair big and curly with one side pulled back. My go-to bag is tan with fringe.

As I learn more about myself and surround myself with artists and people who are 150% themselves, I am finding that as well. Yes, clothing is just the outside expression, but it does oh so much for the inside as well.

On the radar: I'm dying to find a metallic long dress. See something? Let a gal know!


No comments:

Post a Comment