Tuesday, December 23, 2014

abode.

Home. Home. Home. 

Home has changed a lot...physically quite a bit in the last few years (yay for apartment dwellers) but also emotionally. 

Every year, coming "home" for the holidays changes. Sometimes it's to the place my parents and other family members are living. Other years it's far away from it all. 

There have been many Christmas's over the last seven years where one or more of my siblings or I have been away or needed to leave year because of a work commitment, et cetera. This year, one of my brothers is working at a ski hill, several of my friends are in and out of town with family commitments, and couples are splitting their time in-between two provinces or cities.

We're growing up. 


Since moving in 2013, I found a place for my roots to be nourished to grow. I've noticed a drastic change in my behaviour and attitude this holiday season. Other years, I've run around like a mad woman socializing, laughing, leading workshops and honestly, having a grand 'ol time. Bcak then, that's how I sought comfort and stability.

I know it's freaking corny, but home this year is with the people I love.

Since I've been back, I've been hanging closer to home. My dearest of friends, family and I have a couple little traditions and social engagements, but they're very personal and small. 

Merry Christmas friends. May you have a beautiful holiday season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment