Wednesday, August 11, 2010

dreams.


Teaching ballet to young children is my dream summer job. I love the faith that so many of them have to become a dancer - they really believe in that they are wearing beautiful tutu's, necklaces, pointe shoes and more within my little studio dance area.

Sometimes I wonder where that faith can go. I think some people can lose it at times, myself included. There are so many down days when things are just not going right, and I can see the same happening to my little dancers. For example, this morning one of the girls had a beaded necklace that snapped and spilled all over the floor. I thought that for sure that her whole day would be ruined (I felt bad that it broke!) and she would have lost it. Some kids would have been crazy frantic, but after searching frantically for the pieces, the focus on the necklace remained for only a moment before falling back into the fantasy ballerina world.

I'm teaching these children how to dance, but they are really showing me how to pick up things that life seems to throw at you. Keep faith and remember those dreams. There's that mystical child that could do anything in still in each of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment