Monday, June 14, 2010

airband.

In eight sleeps, I will be home sweet home - needless to say, I'm just a little bit excited. It will be the first time home for more than a week since August 2009. Yay!

However, my eyes are still on the prize, which is to get this class done and end this year/start summer off on a good notes. As I've been studying and writing my essay, I have taken a couple study breaks and discovered some jewels on Youtube.

The farther away I have physically and time-wise gotten away from high school, I have really seen how awesome it was. Some of the experiences that teachers worked so hard for us to have blows my mind. For performance things, such as Airband (amazing, I miss it so much) allowed us to push the envelope and express ourselves, but not go past the line.

I'm seeing how some school and institutions hold back so many students because they don't think things are appropriate, but really, this generation, no matter what bad rap has been given and how we're stereotyped so far, is pretty good. Maybe I'm too much of an optimist, but I think that there's good in so many people, and having the leeway to express yourself is incredible. Hindsight, there's probably 5% of people who would abuse this privilege, and mess it up for so many.

Exhibit one and two: Kelowna Secondary School Airband. Parents, students and teachers all attended and loved every minute of it. If I was still living in Kelowna, this is where I would be every year. The funniest and best entertainment for $5 that you'll get, some of it much better than in lots of places.

Language of Origin: (Can't believe that they graduated this year! Congrats!)


Picked Fetus:

No comments:

Post a Comment