Saturday, May 1, 2010

questions.


A couple of friends and I were talking about this whole Formspring interview "application" (if you will) on the Internet. Personally, I almost think that it's another step in citizen journalism, in which the people who now understand and have an extensive knowledge of communication through various social mediums are developing new interview techniques. Personally, I don't want to have one because I don't like the idea of anonymous questions, but to every there own hey?

I love interviewing and talking to people, and it's interesting to get put on the other side when it's not for a job or for your own journalistic work! My friend and I were talking about this, so why not interview yourself? Google interesting interview questions from others and see what you come up with.

INTERVIEW.

What is your favorite piece of clothing? Why?
- I'm in love with shoes, as your feet are one of the only parts of your body that never changes. My mother's black boots from back in the day are my favourites, as it took me forever to get my hands on them and the detailing is just awesome.

If you could meet someone living or dead,who would it be and why? Pick one man, and one woman.
Woman: Audrey Hepburn, my idol for style, beauty and philanthropy work with UNICEF. Or Lady Gaga, just to spend one day around her and her creative insight on for many things would be a dream.

Man: Michael Jackson. He's a big part of the reason why I'm a dancer today and I continue to be inspired by his music and movement.

What one thing that has happened in your life has made the biggest impact on who you are today?
- Moving to Canada from California and trying to find my way as an Americanadian. Also, the Vancouver Olympics in February really brought my two lives together - I really came to peace with who I am, and proud to finally understand what it means to be Canadian.

What is something that not a lot of people know about you?
- I'm in love with all forms of rock music and secretly wish that I could be a biker chick. The Rolling Stones are my absolute favourite band, and I would love to interview Mick Jagger and Keith Richards.


What is your favorite tradition from your childhood, that you would love to pass on?

- My parents, brothers and I used to go into Chinatown on Christmas Eve in San Francisco every year with another family for dinner and fortune cookies.

It was pretty special - there's no one out because it's Christmas Eve, all the store windows are done up (no tourists around!) Chinatown is a sea of light, and we were so tired when we got home that we fell asleep right away. The next thing you know, it's Christmas morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment