Saturday, February 20, 2010

perspective.

Moving and using the Internet and other methods of communication show how green the grass really looks two thousand miles away from home. Home is warm, it's safe, and there are some lovely people here that I will have for the rest of my life. Coming back to where I came from shows a new outlook on the world and life - how people live, their families, friends, work, hobbies, attitudes, everything. The farther I get away from living in Kelowna full-time to visiting, I have seen how bonds have grown, changed, faded, and strengthened more than I could have possibly dreamed.

Only a few more weeks left of school, a midterm, papers and work until I'm back where I belong in the sunshine. I'm so thankful for what I have on either side of the country, and can't wait to plunge into the next chapter of life that my friends and I are on our way to (as I have discovered this week!)

If you're on reading week, enjoy the last few hours and freedom and back to the books on Monday. Sigh, always better to have had and lost than never at all.

"To me, fair friend, you never can be old, for as you were when first your eye I eyed, such seems your beauty still." - William Shakespeare

No comments:

Post a Comment