Thursday, February 11, 2010

flying.


Today is one of the slowest and fastest days I have experienced so far. I'm leaving tomorrow to go home for reading week - haven't been back in Kelowna since August 2009, so I'm really excited to see my friends, puppies and be in British Columbia during the Olympics.

However, I have a midterm tomorrow, packing to do, am terrified about turning determining my journalistic career at Ryerson for the next two years, etc., so today is speeding by as I watch the clock to make sure that I'm not late for work as well.

But, time is crawling at a snail's pace, for I know in less than 24 hours I'll be at the airport, anxious to get on that plane.

This year really showed me so much about people and how I want things to be. So far, I've met people that I can't imagine my life without, and am so happy to be going back to the people I have been without and need in life. I know that so many say that technology is killing us (I will admit it, sometimes keeping up with emails, texting, Facebook, Twitter, Google Reader, and the list goes on...) it's beautiful how the invention of a telephone is still so vital to how one lives today. Thinking about it, it's amazing that you can hear someones voice so clearly mile and perhaps oceans and countries away. That's just magic. Wow.

I'm an optimist. The sun is out, everything will be okay no matter what people do and others say - good and/or bad. Someone who really cares is at the other end of a phone line. I'm really lucky, as they're only one work shift, one midterm and a plane ride away.

No comments:

Post a Comment