Thursday, December 24, 2015

noel.

There's something I love about airports...the anticipation of a new adventure, or the warmth of coming home.

This was the first Christmas Eve I spent away from my family. I've been very lucky over the last few years to make it home or be with my family for a couple days before Christmas. However, with how work panned out this year, I'm coming back tonight.

There was something very satisfying about spending the day alone (and rejuvenating myself after my roomie's birthday last night).

I wrapped presents, packed my bag, danced around my apartment singing along to Marvin Gaye, and watching friends around the world share holiday memories on social media.

Maybe this is really growing up. Maybe I'm okay with breaking tradition. Maybe (no...I am) okay with things not being perfect - that's life.

Alas, I made it to the airport in plenty of time, met up with a friend who's also en route home, had a champagne flight at a restaurant, and am settled into my gate. My flight is delayed for at least another hour, but that's okay.

I'm in the in-between, heading home and also off on a new adventure of travel and experience this Christmas. It's all good.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. Enjoy your time with loved ones this season.







No comments:

Post a Comment