Thursday, June 18, 2015

rest.

This is one of those few days that I have completely and utterly alone. 

Audrey Hepburn once said, "I have to be along often...that's how I refuel." 

Maybe it's because I grew up in loud, fun and wild family where there was always someone on the go, dogs running around, people listening to music, etc., that has made my gravitate to a city life. I love living and being around people, bouncing off ideas, spending time together and having a partner in crime. 

This past 10 months has changed me in a bigger way than I think I can even comprehend. There's always someone asking me a question or for advice, which I'm more than happy to assist with or direct in the right direction. 

I love being out. I love being busy. If I had it my way, I'd be in class, having drinks with friends or at a show every night of the week. 

I had solid plans to be in a yoga class, literally right now. But as I sit, listen to some mellow beats and sip on a cup of tea, I realize I'm not going anywhere this evening. Looking ahead to the unpredictability of the next three days, the best thing is to be alone. 

A ping came up - am I being lazy? Shouldn't I be working every, single, damn day to make these dreams of mine true. I have always preached that I would sleep when I'm dead. 

I have to remind myself that I don't work a 9 to 5 with set weekends and time off. As an entrepreneur and contractor, I work every day in some capacity. I know my body, mind, patience (just saying!) and such will be tested and maxed this weekend. 

If my sanctuary for the evening is a warm bath, candles and the scent of my last peonies of the season...so be it. There are many more weeks of summer to come. 

My phone is officially on "Do Not Disturb" mode. See you tomorrow friends. 




Just a thought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment