Saturday, January 24, 2015

top5.

This has been one of those perfect rainy Saturday's - quiet. 

This past week was full of work, classes, meetings and not one, but two fantastic dance gigs. I'm very pleased to annouce I'm a specialty dance performing on the show, MOTIVE, which airs on CTV. 

I'm slowly but surely getting better this whole "resting" thing and taking days off when I really get them. Audrey Hepburn once said, "I'd be quite happy if I spent from Saturday night until Monday morning alone in my apartment. That's how I refuel." 

It also gives me the precious time to plan, write, and plan for the coming week. 

PLUS, I get to write a new Top 5 for y'all! 

The Day Designer. 
Sometimes, you just gotta kick your own butt into shape. 
Today I took a deep breath and dove in to find out more about what I really want to do. I definitely have some fresh ideas, goals and am ready to process and put them into place. This little book just opened up the possibilities. Let's do it. 

Etta James. 
There's just something about dancing to this siren of song. Plus, her birthday was on January 20. 
Stay tuned for my level 1 dancers performing to her beautiful music in "Back to Basics" March 26/27 at Celebrities Nightclub. 

Hair. 
You guys, I've decided to finally once and for all grow my hair out into a long bob. It's time. 

Tuesday Grooveday. 
Step one, just go for it. I finally voiced and laid down the ropes to start my own dance class under Portia Favro Productions. Every Tuesday evening, my friend and I offer a heels cabaret and artistic direction class at one of our local studios for a reasonable price point. 

Although it seems simple, I found this very challenging. Every week, who knows if anyone will come? But it's worth the risk. Which leads me to...

Quote. 
Boom. 

Have a wonderful rest of your weekend. 

- P.




No comments:

Post a Comment