Monday, June 23, 2014

25.

Life man. Things move quick. In exactly four months, I'll be 25.

Looking back at the past couple of years, I'm confident enough to say I'm really proud of myself.

Maybe slightly crazy...I worked on the national, provincial and local news and Olympic Games and did some really interesting work on all accounts. Bless that 22-year-old mind that runs after things with no abandon (I'll tell y'all that story one day over a glass of wine).  

Last week I decided to make a list of 25 things I want to do before I'm a quarter of a century-old. As much as I wanted to be ridiculous (like book a trip to Italy next week, etc.) I scaled back and had a reality check. 

There's not enough time for the "maybe next time I'm in the area I'll do X" moment. Today is the day. Carpe freaking diem. 

Without even realizing it, I crossed two goals off my list this past weekend. I know I'll be striking another couple more during the next couple weeks, so we're off to a good start. 

Conquering these "mini-goals" is actually leading up to something much bigger. What that is, I'm not sure yet, but I know it's coming. 

I don't think I'll share what all these items are on my list - not because they're naughty or ridiculous (actually, quite a few are pretty mundane) but it's a personal journey.

Four months. Two goals down. Twenty-three to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment