Wednesday, May 15, 2013

top5.

This month's Top 5 is appropriately B.C.-themed. 

I feel like I split my life between this two provinces, and in a sense, have two lives. As I have jumped right back into my Toronto lifestyle, I still feel the aftershocks of my trip (notably, the time difference has been throwing me off a bit!) 

However, being back in the studio with my dancers, at the office with the DivaGirls and enjoying this touch of sunshine are all signs of some fantastic things coming around the corner. 

Without further ado, here's May's Top 5. 

Emceeing The Vibe Dance Competition. 

After four days, 700 performances and meeting 2,900 dancers (plus their teachers) you would think I would be all danced out. Rather, I'm thirsty for more! 

I saw some incredible performances and my choreography on stage for the first time - Brittney did her best solo performance of the season, I am so proud of her! 

This was truly an awesome experience, and I'm looking forward to emceeing again. 

Workshops. 
The day after The Vibe Dance Competition, I got to teach a fantastic workshop hosted by Luki Dance Productions in Kelowna, B.C. . 

Make sure to pick up the June issue of Snap Okanagan for some shots from inside the studio. 

I made the trek down to Vancouver and got to work with some of the fabulous dancers of the Army of Sass at Steve Nash Fitness World - a couple of my girlfriends, my cousin and fabulous boss from Toronto all came out to class. Thank you for the support ladies! 

Sightseeing. 
I love this shot of one of my favourite places in Vancouver. Sad the Canucks aren't in the playoffs anymore, but maybe next year...

My latest obsession - The Juice Truck in Gastown. This is a great (and healthy) food truck idea. 

Vancouver Art Gallery. 
Throughout university, I took as many art history classes as I could - what would the chances be that I would get to the Vancouver Art Gallery  to find that they had a whole exhibit about art, politics and comics I have actually studied? Maus is one of my favourite graphic novels, and it was so interesting to see the evolution of sketches in person. 

As well, The Grand Hotel exhibit is a must-see about the abodes which inspired music, writing, culture and more throughout the 20th century. 

Meeting up with Alicahaaay. 
It's hard to believe that had not seen each other in almost a year - miss living with you roomie. 

Hope to see you again soon B.C., it was lovely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment