Wednesday, May 29, 2013

start.

If you follow me on Pinterest, you've probably notice I have been "pinning" a plethora of Rolling Stones photos lately.

I grew up listening to The Rolling Stones, and their music literally made appearances at our breakfast table. In fact, my first concert was the San Francisco stop of their "Bigger Bang" tour.

This music runs in my blood, and I've been flirting with the idea of a producing a showcase featuring the music of the world's greatest rock and roll band for the last year. Although I'm working on several different projects that are requiring my full artistic attention, I'm hoping to focus making this a reality as soon as I can.

It's been 50 years since band was formed, and I want to celebrate how music has changed as well.

My friends, I am on the hunt for amazing covers, remixes, etc. of anything by The Rolling Stones. I found this cover of "Miss You" by Justin Timberlake a few weeks ago, and immediately, my choreographic brain started tingling...



This is just the tip of the iceberg. I'm not sure where this path will go, but I'm hoping to collect a plethora of songs and formulate more of a story and direction from there.

Feel free to post in the comments below or tweet me (@PortiaFavro) if you hear anything fantastic.

Thank you and stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment