Monday, August 3, 2009

swirl.

There's something so magically about the imagination of children - I don't mean this in any kind of a creepy way at all. I have one of the best jobs in the entire world, running camps for young girls to have fun, learn new activities such as yoga, dance, art, etc. and also raise their self-esteem. We have guest speakers come in every week, and as much as those little girls with their eyes either half-closing in boredom because they simply "don't get it", or their turquoise fingers reaching ever higher for the ceiling to tell us a new story about their experience with friends, leaves me to feel truly touched.

The mystere (as the French would put it for Cirque du Soleil) of the child's mind fascinates this world. They love and trust so unconditionally with no fear of rejection. When does this change? Why have I allowed myself to closet my heart and words for others to hear because I was scared.

Please children, continue to love. While I'm trying desperately to grow up and move on into adulthood, I need to set my mind back. There needs to be more of a child's mindset about how to see the world. No fear about the unknown, hugging others and telling all of your little stories to whomever would hear with no thought of rejection. Please release my mind and let me go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment